Sunday, March 18, 2012

köttbullar!!


I have met with my contact family again; they invited me to their house for a traditional Swedish dinner. The house is by the other side of the lake from where I live and is a beautiful cozy home, they have 2 kids, an 8 year old daughter and a cute 3 year old boy, they didn’t know English but we were trying our best to communicate each other with pictures and google images lol. I actually helped the mom cook the traditional Swedish dinner, they thought it would be a better experience for us (me and the other contact student from Africa) if we cooked with them our meal from scratch. So yes I learn how to cook Swedish köttbullar (which is meatballs), with mashed potatoes and lingon (a small red fruit which they use to make a type of sweet jelly to eat with the potatoes and meatballs). The traditional food in Sweden is a bit plain in my opinion but nevertheless it was delicious and memorable to share dinner with a Swedish family! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment